28 Oct 2014 – 29 Oct 2014
Enterprising Scientists: Generating Value and Opportunities
Enterprise Workshop for Science and Engineering Early Career Researchers
The first workshop in Manchester has been successfully executed. A second will take place in late spring (the date will soon be announced here). For a first impression see the programme and some photos below. If you are interested in participation or further information, please contact us.
Do you want to?
- Develop a business idea related to your research?
- Learn about enterprise opportunities in large firms as well as in high-tech start-ups?
- Gain skills to communicate in an effective manner in industry contexts?
What’s in it for me?
- Understand how important ‘enterprise’ is in turning an idea into an innovation through real industry case studies
- Identify enterprising opportunities around your research – in a university setting, a large corporation and SME.
- Enrich your career prospects by engaging with industry speakers
What will it involve?
- The Workshop involves direct interactions with industry and case studies.
- The Workshop takes a ‘learning by doing’ approach; allowing all participants to develop business ideas based on your own area of research and interest.
Who should take the course?
The workshop is intended for the final year PhD students and Early-stage post-doctoral researchers in scientific and engineering disciplines, who are interested in industry career.
Early career researchers working in industry who want to generate value from research and technology are also welcome to attend.
HEKATE project team, industry contributors, Manchester Institute of Innovation Research (MIoIR) and Manchester Enterprise Centre (MEC), MBS.